Tips For Your Next Skin Treatment or Peel
Before Your Treatment – Your Prep
The first steps to any facial treatment prep are largely mental. It’s important to be organized and prepared for your visit.
For a Chemical Peel it’s important to pick the correct peel. The success of any chemical peel depends on whether or not it’s a good match for your skin. Book a consultation with us to discuss your skin type, skincare habits, and other information so we can choose the right procedure for you.
Disclose any medication use. It’s important to tell us about any medications you are using. Depending on this information, we might recommend you temporarily stop your dosage, so it doesn’t interfere with the success of your procedure.
Obtain any after-care instructions. Depending on the level of your facial treatment, you might get some specific information regarding after-care. Including avoiding sunlight, sleeping on your back, and using specific creams to prevent infection.
Preparing Your Skin For The Appointment
To avoid unwanted irritation and side effects, and to maximize the benefits of your treatment, you must prepare your skin beforehand:
- Don’t exfoliate. It’s important that you don’t exfoliate for at least 1 week before your appointment. In addition, watch out for ingredients in your skin care products that may have an exfoliating effect.
- Avoid using any products with Retin-A one week prior to receiving any facial treatment.
- Refrain from using make-up. You want as little on your face as possible before your treatment, so take a break from wearing makeup for a few days before your treatment.
- Avoid the sun. Most facial treatments respond better to skin that isn’t skin-damaged, so make an effort to avoid the sun as much as possible prior to your treatment, and if you are outside, make sure to wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunblock (at least SPF 30).
- Stay hydrated. Your skin should be well-hydrated on the day of your visit. Make sure you stop using any products that dry out your skin a few days prior to your appointment and remember to drink lots of water.